Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion Thread

Administrator

Re: Suggestion Thread

I had planned to let that be under "crafts" for now... would that do it? [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    Muhammad Chishti
    Administrator

Yep, sewing under crafts for now. But, the way these ladies get carried away with discussion at the quilt shows I attend with my wife, I suspect in time it may warrant a forum all its own. Thanks! [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Bob

<font color="blue"> I had planned to let that be under "crafts" for now... would that do it? </font color>

Careful, Muhammad, there are suggestions...and then there are suggestions. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Sometimes you count suggestions, sometimes you weigh them. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Subject: Health Forum...

Living right, healthy, diets that work, healthy attitudes, sickness free... and if you become sick... how to become better...

...also home remedies that really work... not just feel good solutions

etc.

What do ya think?

I would like to see this forum with a closer format to the TBN forum. I am spoiled with (or just more accustomed to) the better features (one of them being this long line that I am typing on now that won't fold back so I can see what I typed at the beginning of the paragraph). This doesn't happen in TBN so it is not my system causing the problem, I don't think.

Also, when going to a thread, I am taken to the bottom of the page where the thread is, not to the top where the thread is. Again, this doesn't happen in TBN.

Sorry, I hate to be whining, but I am finding I skip reading CBN more and more, just to not be annoyed with what happens. I really am very appreciative of the existence of both TBN and CBN. TBN surpasses any other site I have ever visited.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I would like to see this forum with a closer format to the TBN forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, but I wish TBN would adopt the features of CBN. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    :: D A V E
    :: g a t o r b o y

Administrator

You can change your post box size here ... scroll down to Text Area Columns and Text Area Rows.

The jump to the latest post is a deliberate feature.
    Muhammad Chishti
    Administrator

Thanks for the feedback.
    ""You can change your post box size here ... scroll down to Text Area Columns and Text Area Rows.""

That changes the SIZE of the box that I am typing in now, however it does not cause the text to wrap when I reach the 'apparent' end of the box. The line I am typing now just continues endlessly, unless I hit "enter" (doing now)
    which brings me back to the left of the "box".

"" The jump to the latest post is a deliberate feature. ""

However, mine does not jump to the latest post, but instead goes to the bottom of the page that the post is on (its at the top). I see the only the links and the posts at the bottom of the list, not the latest post - until I scroll to the top and read the post I clicked on in the 'box' with the list of the other posts below.

I don't think I am communicating the problem, but it is the best way I can describe it. Primarily, it doesn't behave the same as TBN. Not that it has to, but at least I don't think it is my software and system causing the difference.

End of my whining about it. If others aren't affected by it, I will live with it. [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

What browser are you using? I am using IE 6.0 and I have no problems.
    :: D A V E
    :: g a t o r b o y

One difference I noted between here and TBN is in the editing. After each edit on TBN the default is that the "I want to preview my post and/or attach a file" button is checked. Here the button is only checked after the initial posting. Could this be changed here to mirror the default on TBN? Thanks! [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]