Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CountryByNet.com Main Photo

California - S.F. East Bay & Sierra foothills

Re: CountryByNet.com Main Photo

<font color="blue">maybe photo of the week</font color>

It occurs to me that if we stick to photo of the month, the CBN wall calendar could be a best seller. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

With our unusual weather this past winter, here's a picture on our property viewing toward's southwest over the Hudson River, partial Heldeberg/Catskill Mtns... (after some brush hogging duties)

John,

Do I detect an Ironwood stump in the bottom of the picture? Gee, it's interesting to see how it bent.... [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

That is an impressive sight to be sure. You are a fortunate to have views like that to enjoy. Thank you for sharing.

Terry

Last year, a couple days after the 9-11 tragedies... I drove into Albany to view their towers that reminded me of NYC... I took this picture and proceeded to drive over to my Grandma's house a few blocks away.

My excuse was to give her a hug... but in reality I needed it then... while I was driving towards her house... I started having tears come down my cheeks...

I suddenly realized my Grandmother had died a couple months prior to this... and I no longer had her to consult... and hug anymore... [sad]

<font color="blue">...I detect an Ironwood stump ...</font color>

Hi Terry...

Actually... that's called Ironweed (JD)... you know that movie was filmed a few miles from here in Troy... [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

John, That picture also brings to mind 9 11 for me. A few day after that day, they were saying that one of them went over Albany, then turned to NYC. If something went wrong, they could have easly hit our towers in Albany. It was kind of a wake up call to me that says it was real, and happend in the US. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

But on a lighter note, it also reminds me of when I was a kid. Driving to Albany at night. You would round the corner on I90 about where exit 8 is now, and all the lights of the city would come into view. That is a good thought that I will always remember. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Paul Bradway

<font color="blue">I'm looking for more high quality country photos</font color>

This is a picture overlooking the bucolic and serene Cambridge, NY valley....taken from one of our farm fields that we call the 'Sound of Music' hill. The very far hills are the foothills of Vermont's Green Mountains.

This is another picture from the same hill but looking at a different angle.

Excellent pictures, Bob. Looks like a picture that you would see on the box lid of one of those thousand piece jigsaw puzzles.
    Chris

Taken last fall in Southeast Louisiana. This is my neighbor's field just after he had baled it. Trees here usually don't show color this well but it was an unusual autum. Please feel free to use it on Country By Net!

Nice new site!