Thread: Old Wind Mill

Old Wind Mill

My Dad and I just planted this old Mill back in the ground recently. We hope to get a sand point driven under it and get it operational again. He wants to have a small pond/ puddle for wildlife.

Re: Old Wind Mill

Sandburr,

Pretty neat windmill. Where did you find it?

It would be nice to build one of these and use it to pump water for a stock tank or pond. I bet you need a shallow water table to use one though. My well is ~650 ' deep so a wind mill is probably not an option.

Fred

I put up a used Aeromotor to feed a pond for a friend awhile back. He called me the other day to tell he'd picked up another for me to install on another pond.

I have to confess there have been few highs higher than when I was done and a breeze came up and we had water flowing out of the pipe.

Phred, check on Aeromotor. I believe they can work that deep and they are what won the west.[img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Harv,

Thanks for the tip.
    Your right these folks claim that they can go as far as 1000 ft!
    I bet the price scales with the depth though.

Fred

I would suspect these babies are pretty expensive -- they state financing one over 20 years would be about $100/month.

My guess that would equate to about $12,000.
    :: D A V E
    :: g a t o r b o y

I took down a 65' windmill tower about 5 years ago. Then last spring I came into a 10' diameter Aermotor fan assembly to put on top of it. It needs some refurbishing but I hope to get it done this coming spring. An Aermotor of this size will pull water from a depth of 1000' without a problem and pump it for miles on level ground. Hope this info helps you. New ones are expensive but if you can find a used model that may be the way to go. Also, FIASA (the Argentinian equivalent of Aermotor) windmills are available at a significant cost savings.

Mike