Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Demand for plow

Re: Demand for plow

I know the area you're talking about. In regards to channelview....lol Well.....I DO have to keep the peace in my family. Though it seemed a little more peaceful in the 60s......back then all ya had to listen to at night were insects and the pipe yard next door. But I enjoyed the visits because it seemed like we always ended up at the San Jacinto Inn for supper.

As for the tiller......I love it! Makes working stuff into the ground a whole lot easier....and gives me an extra excuse to get seat time on the tractor.

Paul

<font color="red"> I do a little of both when it comes to tilling. First time I do an area I use a 2 bottom plow, then I use a 74" tiller to break it up instead of a disc (don't have one.....yet).
    </font color>

Thats what I plan to do when I put in my garden. I have some rock, so I am thinking the plow will unearth most, so I can pick them without chewing up the tiller.
    Paul Bradway

I noticed no one mentioned a box blade. I was wondering if you could use the ripers to break in a new garden area and then go back over it with a tiller? I know rippers don't go that deep but mine will rip to about a four inch depth. several passes with the ripers on the box blade should make the ground not so hard on the tiller tines. I'm not sure, havn't done it and was wandering what thoughts are on this procedure. I ask because a lot of folks with tractors seem to have box blades. rccoyte

I'm assumming a roter tiller is what you are talking about. If so set a different price for breaking new ground as it will be harder on equipment. As times go on or a big plot has to be done you may consider adding the plow.

Egon