Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My house wil never be done

Re: My house wil never be done

Been there too.

We spent seven months trying to get plans done by an engineer and finally gave up. The first floor did not match the basement and the stairs did not reach the second floor. You get the picture.

Our schedule kept getting pushed back. I finally dumped the engineer and bought a cad program and did a set of plans myself. I asked around and found who many of the builders in our area used for an architect. I took my plans to him and he made some good changes but the plans were not compromised. It took him three weeks not seven months.

We moved in on May 24,2002 and the house is wonderful. I know your frustration but it will be worth it.

Tim

Sorry to tell you this but my house was "built" in 1845 and it still isn't "done". [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

dave

I'd certainly be willing to drive 4 hours to save some bucks --- but I gotta believe we have somebody here in Houston that will do the same thing --- sure glad to hear I was out to lunch on that 10% thing .. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] ... but that's generally normal for me [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Well, we just got a ray of good news. Seems like we start digging wed, or thrs next week. Still nothing from DOT, but everything else is set, so our inspector will let us start, and let the chips fall where they will. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img] We are SO happy. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Going to have a champane, and backhoe party. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Paul Bradway

Just got a call from the wife. Theys, a digging!!!!! [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Looks like we get to start a new thred on the building of it. YAHOOOO!!!!!!
    Paul Bradway

bigbukhntr,

Sorry for the multiple posts [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img] , but I'm looking for someone just like you described in your post.

Could you send me the name and phone number of your architect - via e-mail or private message? I'm in the Dallas area, and the cost sounds very reasonable, especially if you are happy with the results.

Thanks,
    Eagle Ridge