Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What about a Hunting/Fishing Topic?

Hybrid View

What about a Hunting/Fishing Topic?

Seems like a hunting/fishing category would be useful.

Great job, Muhammad
    "Hey, there's wires in these pipes!"

Re: What about a Hunting/Fishing Topic?

I second Gomez' suggestion.

I look forwar to as much info. and enjoyment here as I've had at TBN. Kudos Mohammad! [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    ** Live to Ride, Ride to Live... If I have to explain, you just wouldn't get it **

I third it. And to balance things off, an animal rights forum.

I'd like to expand on my animal rights topic suggestion. I don't mean something extremist to start arguments. There are many people, however, who are not hunters. Who are interested in attracting deer rather than hunting them or driving them away. Also, there are legitimate issues in the country, if not strictly about animal "rights", about animal conservation, protected and endangered species, population management, rights of farmers to have water diverted for irrigation vs. the rights of fisherman to keep the water levels up in the natural channels (ie, should we kill trout or kraut). Those kinds of topics.

I am a hunter etc....I have several animals as pets.It would be nice to have a hunting fishing forum,but if it is going to bring the animal rights activists here and a forum for animal rights activists to discuss animal rights I personnally would rather not have either forum.I have looked at some of the PETA stuff and visited there forums out of curiosity and these people can be fanatics. Muhammad and the moderators would have a hard time keeping the peace.

Scott
    I think you are 100% correct in your assessment of a hunting column. How about a forum on firearms and airguns. That should not step on too many toes. Before you discount airguns ( not BB guns), do a little search on them. You will find they are very accurate and powerful. I love to shoot mine.

Would we really want to go there?
    Bayrat

The "Wildlife" topic pretty well covers it, but how about changing the name to one of the following, to more broadly reflect what everyone is saying here:

"All outdoors"
    "Conservation"
    "Wild critters"
    "Outdoor recreation"

Any other ideas? [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Fishman

"All outdoors" Sounds pretty good.

I don't think we should throw out the baby (hunting and fishing) because we are afraid of some bathwater (animal conservation). Hunting and fishing is a "got-to-have" for a country life forum. It would include equipment, technique, etc. Probably would include other forms of sport shooting--targets, clay pigeons, etc.

I doubt there is a flock of PETA members circling around wanting to land here. Even if there is, they should be entitled to voice opinions.

The key is to keep the forums separate, so as to avoid confrontations. In other words, there would be no anti-hunting or anti-fishing posts allowed in the Hunting & Fishing forum. The other forum might be called something general like Wildlife Management, Conservation & Preservation. People interested in these issues (PETA being the extreme end of the spectrum) would have to post there, and not interrupt threads on the H&F forum. Reciprocally, the rules would be that there can be no flames against management, conservation or preservation by hunters or gun enthusiasts in the WMC&P forum. That way, each group has its own segregated forum, and each group can completely ignore the other if it wants.