Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What about a Hunting/Fishing Topic?

Re: What about a Hunting/Fishing Topic?

I'll throw in my 6th for the topic of hunting/firearm sports/fishing. Enjoy them both here in s.w. Indiana.

Indiana Paul

The "Wildlife" topic pretty well covers it, but how about changing the name to one of the following, to more broadly reflect what everyone is saying here:

"All outdoors"
    "Conservation"
    "Wild critters"
    "Outdoor recreation"

Any other ideas? [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Fishman

"All outdoors" Sounds pretty good.

I don't think we should throw out the baby (hunting and fishing) because we are afraid of some bathwater (animal conservation). Hunting and fishing is a "got-to-have" for a country life forum. It would include equipment, technique, etc. Probably would include other forms of sport shooting--targets, clay pigeons, etc.

I doubt there is a flock of PETA members circling around wanting to land here. Even if there is, they should be entitled to voice opinions.

The key is to keep the forums separate, so as to avoid confrontations. In other words, there would be no anti-hunting or anti-fishing posts allowed in the Hunting & Fishing forum. The other forum might be called something general like Wildlife Management, Conservation & Preservation. People interested in these issues (PETA being the extreme end of the spectrum) would have to post there, and not interrupt threads on the H&F forum. Reciprocally, the rules would be that there can be no flames against management, conservation or preservation by hunters or gun enthusiasts in the WMC&P forum. That way, each group has its own segregated forum, and each group can completely ignore the other if it wants.

The seperate forums sounds like a reasonable approach. Give each interest group a place to share ideas.
    Frank

I think its would be a great idea. I wouldn't worry about the Greens and PETA types for two reasons. First, they have dominated the anti hunting discussion for far too long and don't seem to be interested on balanced discussion in any forum. Second, in my experience, very few of them are from the country or go to the country or have anything else to do with country living besides what they see from their condos.

Hunting, fishing and shooting is as much about country living as horseys and tractors.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    <font color="blue"> </font color> I don't think we should throw out the baby (hunting and fishing) because we are afraid of some bathwater (animal conservation). Hunting and fishing is a "got-to-have" for a country life forum. <font color="blue"> </font color>

[/ QUOTE ]

Speak for yourself about being afraid of them,I did not say I was scared of them,I was just saying I can do without hearing there crap,besides its up to Muhammad to make that call,I can take it or leave it.Either way it does not matter to me.

If PETA shows up because of a hunting/fishing forum or any other forum I am outa here... at least on the hunting/fishing/otherwise forum. I have no problem with the conservative vs liberal and Christian vs atheist discussions on TBN but I will not be a part of any discussion with any whacko PETA nuts. [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] Talk about a waste of time arguing with the lunatic fringe. Let's all give up our milk and encourage our college kids to drink beer instead. Give me a break!
    Chris

Ditto, hunting/fishing forum would be great!
    As for the "equal time" forums, I STRONGLY believe in free speech, however, I also believe that the right of free speech does not guarantee the speaker a forum (nice pun [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ) to be heard. They have their own forums, and granted they can come here and "speak out", however, as noted above, I doubt that there is a flock of PETA's waiting to pounce.
    Dob
    FKA Dobber30052

10-4 !!! But I also believe that anyone that would resort to 'spiking' trees to injure loggers are deranged enough to clog up the forums here; if they were to find it!!! [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]