I had my soil tested. The results were that I have lime applied twice, 50lbs per 1000 sq ft (or 1 ton / per acre) .... on two separate occasions at least a month apart. I want to have 3 acres done, so it would come to 3 tons each application. I actually have 3 more acres of grass (which tested the same), but they are located further from the house, so I was gonna let them be.

I have started calling vendors, but the first two have told me that they really only do 10 to 15 ton loads. Even if I was to have my entire property done, I would still only use half of what they need to deliver.

If I was to skip the waiting between applications, tho, and have them do the full 100 lbs per 1000 all at once, I would be able to use a truckload.

It isn't about the money for me, as going to the store, buying 50 lb bags of lime, and renting a spreader ... would certainly cost alot more. Not to mention the time and hassle involved.

My question is about the chemistry. What would be the impact of having one 100 lb application rather than two 50 lb applications?

Also, is this a good time of year (Northern Virginia) for me to have this done?