Thread: Remembering me at Login?

Remembering me at Login?

I cannot get CBN to recognize me without validating via username & password like I do on TBN. I have a cookie control program, but CBN's are protected. My hot button link is http://www.countrybynet.com/forums/login.php?Cat= , which corresponds to the "my home" link on the pages. I also have checked the remember me box (several times) on the login page. I'm usually pretty good with this kind of thing, so, what am I doing wrong?
    Dob
    Unless noted above, I have NO financial or other interest in any product or company mentioned.

Re: Remembering me at Login?

<font color="blue">I'm usually pretty good with this kind of thing, so, what am I doing wrong? </font color>

So, I am not alone!! I have no cookie controls or other special settings, and had experienced the same problem on CBN both here at home, and on the work PC.

It's not a big issue, just a minor annoyance.

Dunno what finally clicked. I checked the "remember me" box several times, reset the link several times, etc. and it kept taking me back to the main home page, not logged in. It finally seems to have "caught" (for now).

Since the problem seems to be affecting more that just me, I am surmising it has to do somehow with the new software versions powering CBN and its handling of cookies.

Re: Remembering me at Login?

<font color="blue"> So, I am not alone!! </font color>
    <font color="red"> Neither am I! </font color>

I noticed last night that the url for "my home" either changed, or somehow I missed it to:
    http://www.countrybynet.com/forums/start_page.php, note: <font color="red">start_page.php</font color>, instead of <font color="red">login.php?Cat=</font color> . I thought that did it. No joy, if I use that link, I get a "We cannot proceed... All of the required fields are not filled in." error.
    Agreed it's no big deal, especially since the name/password are saved, it adds, oh, maybe 3 secs to login... But, having troubleshot many pc's, sometimes a little issue is a symptom of a larger one.

I have also noticed that as long as I do not close my browser, it will "remember me" when I return, only after exiting IE (6.0 w/most current updates) and returning, does it forget me.
    Dob
    Unless noted above, I have NO financial or other interest in any product or company mentioned.