Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deer stand too close to house

Re: Deer stand too close to house

Fishman, well put.

Patrick

Sounds like this ranch operation could be a wonderful neighbor. I would arrange lunch or dinner with them and suggest that they post a small reminder in that stand as to where yor house is,(and any other potential dangers). They might offer to take it down, but at least they would know you are concerned and that youa re there. You might even get some occasional meat for your table out of this relationship. I wouldn't ask, but let them make an offer.

Redman

I can only hope they are responsible hunters. I know my neighbors personally, and would trust them shooting, but I do not know these hunters; therefore, I must take precaution. I do not worry too much, but my wife has a fit everytime she looks out the bedroom window of our 18 month old and 4 year old.

The deer like to graze in my pasture with the horses. This means most of the deer move between my property and the ranch. My wife fears that the hunter(s) may be targeting the deer as they cross between the property. If this is true, then I will be upset... Since I do not want them firing in the direction of my property.

I have not gone over directly to the stand to see which way it is oriented since I did not want to trespass. I should be making contact with the ranch manager today...

Thanks,

Joe