Thread: medication

medication

Just curious where does everyone get their animal medication from? Local store, Vet, or online?

Patrick

Re: medication

We get our worming medication from the vet. She charges about what we'd pay at the local store, plus she delivers it. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Other barn supplies, we buy online at Stateline Tack, Jeffers, etc.

I get mine from all the places that you mentioned. Most everything that isn't prescription I get at Farm and Fleet. I get wormers online as they are loss leaders for alot of internet companies. I've tryed getting prescription meds online but I've had problems in the past with it not getting here, broken, not shipped properly ie supposed to not get above room temp. and they ship it regular in 100 degree heat. If you need the meds it's really not worth waiting for it. Some meds I get online but they are the ones that I don't need at the time but keep on hand.

I was just curious, I had to pick up tetracyliene from the vet for the sick calf. Make that three sick calves. One was a set of twins. I don't know what they have but it looks like shipping fever. Drooped ears and dead headed. The better looking of the two is coughing as well as the first heifer. I cruelly hoped one would die in the begining but they both hung in there. Momma did good but they won't grade though.

I had been getting of the vet who was a little higher but a hunderd too much on the worm medicine was a little tough to swallow. He suppose to drop by on Wed. when he is in town to look at the calves. Busted my but on the lot to get them up to medicate, kind of like a race with the grim reaper.

Patrick

Cambridge, New York in beautiful Washington County, next to Vermont

We had been buying our wormers for the horses and goats at Quality Farm and Family, and bought a years worth for 50% off when they were going out of buisness. I expect we'll buy the stuff at TSC now.

All other medications, we get from out vet. Her prices are always reasonable, and I know nothing is out of date or damaged.
    Rich
    "What a long strange trip it's been."