Thanks again for the help...in answer to your questions, for now I plan on keeping in goats, sheep, perhaps a donkey or two and down the road maybe other animals, (horses), but I can't see any very large animals like cattle anytime soon.

I am using high tensile 14 guage wire. I decide to go with 4 wires spaced roughly 1 foot apart (a little closer together at the bottom and farther apart near the top). Probably could have used less wires, but each run only adds about $20 to the cost and 1 dead animal will cost me a lot more than that (lots of coyote attacks in my area [img]/forums/images/icons/ooo.gif[/img] )

Starting at the bottom was a good suggestion...posts are all in after a long weekend (dug them all by hand...I need to find a used post driver if I am going to put a lot more fields in!).

A few more questions: I have yet to order my charger, but need to do that very soon as my fencing is almost done...I am wondering if the fact that I have 3 small children should affect my decision about what charger to get? I was leaning towards the PARMAK 50 mile one that kencove has, I figured the bigger (more powerful) the better, but if my kids come in contact with this...how much of a "shock" are they going to get? Should I get a less powerful one instead? ANy risk that the shock from a fence will cause more than temporary discomfort?

Also, as far as testing the line once it is up...can I use a regular voltmeter (that I already own) or do I need to purchase a specialized unit?

As far as the unit itself...does it make any difference if I install the charger unit inside the cellar and run an underground line to the fence, or should I install the unit near the fence and run a 110 line to the unit? Does it make any difference?

Thanks [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]