Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Favorite Helper

My Favorite Helper

This is Buddy, we rescued him from the "gas chamber" at the county pound. He follows me everywhere, unless the tractor is out. He's chained up then.

Re: My Favorite Helper

And this is his little chubby "brother" Bubba. He was rescued from a shelter as well.

His little B!$%hy "sister". She hates him with a passion. She was thrown out of a car window at 5 weeks or so. We had taken her in for ONE day to find someone to take her, that was 10 years ago. Guess she's here for the long haul.

It is wonderful that you have given these dogs a good home. Too many people have not a clue what it is to have a dog but get one anyway then dump them when they get tired of them.

Thanks,

Tim

Inspector,

You have a great looking family going there. Our cat was adopted from spca as well. Her kittens went fast and no one wanter her? Cant figure out why? She longs for a kitten because everytime she hears one on tv she looks behid the tv for it. We hope that doing the proper checking and research will result in a little sibling early next year for her to have someone to keep her company during the day.

Here is our little angel Smudge.

I, too, laud your efforts to give these guys a home!

Here is our latest addition, discarded from the race tracks because she was not fast enough. Never been to a greyhound race, so I don't know what kind of "fast" they are looking for, but Jaqui can sure fly.

Good on you, mate. Dog tracks and dog owners of racing dogs typically treat their charges as investments with about the same emotional involvement as the owner of a fighting chicken. Hundreds of these dogs are brought in to the word looking for a money maker and if they aren't fast enough (they all have to slow down sometime) they are usually destroyed. A few are rescued by good hearted folks like you but in general they are just rubbed out like a mosquito or an ant. Sad but true. Most of the folks who support dog racing don't have a clue and or don't care. Chicken fighting is coming up for a vote in Oklahoma. I know I'll vote against this "sport" but it has a lot of support with some of the good ole boy crowd. Dog racing is to well entrenched in money politics to take too much heat.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Buddy's 3rd Birthday. He always gets a white cupcake [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Pic 2

This year he also got a "Frosty Paw". It's a frozen treat that he LOVES