Thread: training interuption

training interuption

Good idea or bad? We are looking at a 3 m/o greater Swiss mountain dog. Unfortunately we had a trip planned to England a month from now. Would it be bad for the puppy to come home and then a month later go somewhere for 2 wks? Anybody with a solution or should we wait for another litter? [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Re: training interuption

It depends where they were going for the two weeks you were gone.
    I have taken care of 12 week old puppies (the minimum age for a Rabies vaccine in PA), the owners scheduled extra one on one times for their dogs and the puppies did just fine. They are really pretty adaptable.
    On the other hand, these are the formulative times. If your puppy is mishandled in any way it could scar the dog for life.

Do your research well, whether thinking of a boarding facility or a relative to watch over your dog. If you feel nervous, then wait for another litter or you will make your trip miserable.

You will have a month with your new pup [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I say go for it.....
    If you are going to board the pup at a kennel.. go there and make a visit and check out the facility
    ask around about the place...

Good luck with your new pup!
    "Old Enough To Know Better,Young Enough To Learn" [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Where are you located mac?
    I may be able to put you in touch with a quality kennel in your area if that's what you decide.