Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Singer Featherweight Sewing Machine

Re: Singer Featherweight Sewing Machine

Hi! I'm new and I own Red Hen Fabrics in Marietta, GA, a quilt store. About Featherweights: they never go bad but can be expensive to repair, the bobbin case is about $40. Note that Ebay protects its buyers against misleading info with the feedback process. I use it all the time and have great luck there.

Featherweights are collectors items and run $250 -500. Janome now makes a new version of the Featherweight which is good. I know a guy here who restores Featherweights until they hum, but hunting for a specific model is so limiting that you should just take it when you can get it. By the way, I've found 2 in thrift shops. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Parker County, Texas and Santa Fe County, NM

Last November, I saw one at a large gun show in Dallas in excellent condition for $300. I recognized it and stopped to look, as my mother had one exactly like it that she sewed most all of our clothes on. I almost bought it just for nostalgia, but my wife already has three sewing machines so I bought a couple of guns instead (including one for her).

This may not help you that much, unless you want an excuse to go to gun shows. [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

sneaky_pete, Thanks for posting yet another good reason to attend a gun show! LIke any good excuse for a party, a good excuse to attend a gun show is a GOOD THING!

Gee dear, I gotta drive to xyz to the big gun show, maybe they'll have an instruction book for the Singer industrial type machine we have but don't know how to use! Sounds good to me.

Any Husky fans here? I have inherited a Husqvarna sewing machine. It is a real neat piece of engineering but had developed a mechanical problem before I got it. This is something that goes beyond the typical user manual stuff like changing a bobin or adjusting thread tension.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Parker County, Texas and Santa Fe County, NM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Any Husky fans here? I have inherited a Husqvarna sewing machine. It is a real neat piece of engineering but had developed a mechanical problem before I got it. This is something that goes beyond the typical user manual stuff like changing a bobin or adjusting thread tension.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, can't help you there Pat. I was starting to figure out a few things about Bernina's, until they went to all the new-fangled computer controlled machines.

BTW, why doesn't the quote function work here like it does on TBN? Not enabled I guess, but I wonder why.