Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Off-Topic, Gone ?

Hybrid View

Off-Topic, Gone ?

Is Off-Topic gone forever? [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Where will I post mindless dribble? [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Re: Off-Topic, Gone ?

Hmmm, maybe Muhammad's next website will be OffTopicbyNet? [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img]
    Chris

Administrator

We won't be having an OT forum here... [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img]
    Muhammad Chishti
    Administrator

<font color="blue"> We won't be having an OT forum here... </font color>

No guts! [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Pete

I think it's a good choice not to have an Off-Topic forum. I'm as guilty as anyone for using it to get into political discussions that just tend to cause friction between the members (on the TBN one). I know the jokes are good and all, but there are plenty of other sources for jokes on the web. I'm going to try to do better as far as sticking to country living topics and tractors!

Someone once wrote about TBN and said that it should be like an old country store. You know most everyone there and you can just stop in to chat. That's kinda the way I feel about the off-topic forum. Sometimes I just feel like talking (or writing) about nothing in particular. Yes, there are other boards and places I can go to talk about nothing, but the TBN and CBN people are my kind of people that I would like to talk about nothing with. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Administrator

That's why we have the PM system...
    Muhammad Chishti
    Administrator

Aw shucks! My one and only post was on the Off-topic board. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    Since I always have to put in my two cents' worth... I agree with the person who said that this should be like an old country store where you can stop in and chat about anything. Having an off-topic board is a good thing for a lot of reasons. I've participated in several other topic-specific communities and those that have an off topic board or allow off topic posts are always more of a real "community." People get to know each other better and become friends more easily than they can when everyone is required to stick to just one area of discussion. PM is not the same and is no substitute for group discussions.

What is the "PM system"?

Muhammad,
    In all due respect,why don't you just scrap the off topic forum on tractorbynet?It would probably save you a bunch of work and hassles.Just put a notice out that as of IE: 10/1/2002 the off topic forum will cease to exist.If you think it would make TBN a better forum...go for it. [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]