Thread: Who else reads "Farm Show"

Who else reads \"Farm Show\"

It's a bi-monthly news magazine that features home built projects and solutions to problems that crop up on farms. (pardon the poor pun)

I love this rag. And a rag it is, they use a really neat poor quality newsprint, so you know right away their heart's in the right place. AND, no ads!.

Just got my newest edition this afternoon. Haven't read it yet, but looking forward to reading all about "Chicken Litter Diesel Fuel",,,and "Easy Way to Power Any Gate" and then there's "Modified Mower Cuts trees". Last month I got to read about the guy who build a roller coaster, complete with 360 degree loop de loop, in his back yard. All guys after my heart, ingenuity at it's best.

BTW, I have no relationship with the publisher, just a satisfied subscriber.

I'll post or email contact info if anyone wants it. (Don't know if posting is appropiate, someone let me know if it's frowned on.)

Dave

Re: Who else reads \"Farm Show\"

I've seen it and you're right it is a lot of fun. For anyone who is interested there are excerpts on the web at farmshow.com

<font color="blue">For anyone who is interested there are excerpts on the web at farmshow.com </font color>

And, they will send you a free sample issue. I just requested one. Thanks!

I subscribe to it...I just had the latest edition out here at work and was reading it....Hey, I need to have something to help me past the time while I am at work. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
    Well,but of course and most importantly I have TBN and now CBN to browse. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Do they feature plans or just the articles? Well worth the subscription rate if they have plans.

I surfed around their website a bit. Looks interesting. Did a "search back issues" found lots of hits on log splitter. They sell a CD of all their back issues, probably a good investment. Wonder if the local library has it for me to check out.
    Hazmat

If I rember right you can get a complimentary copy,this way you can have a copy and evaluate it for yourself.

My father-in-law gets it and it is a hoot. I liked a couple of months ago when it showed a guys that built his own tracked vehicle by modifiying a jeep. Really, some of the ideas are really good. Others are things that the persons wanted to do and I think it is good for them to be able to "show off" and lets others see. Regardless, we look forward to each issue.
    Jim
    <font color="red">Go Bucks!</font>

My issue came in the mail today!

I've subscribed for quite a few years ... and got tired of that pile of yellowing newspapers sitting around so got the CD with all the back issues ....

pete
    it's a shame that common sense isn't