Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pilipili

Re: Pilipili

Just like horseradish! [img]/forums/images/icons/ooo.gif[/img] Bring it on! [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    Chris

Habanero? Old news. I have friends that eat habaneros. I also have a friend that just moved here from Bangladesh. The Bangli friend gave me a pepper he called Naga Morrich. I grew it. I gave it to both habenaro friends. Each just touched it to their tongues. Both cried.... for 20 minutes! [img]/forums/images/icons/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/ooo.gif[/img]! Also as far as habaneros go, there are several "brands". Reg habaneros are hot, but, the Red Savina's are the Guiness Book title holders, another company developed one called White Bullet (see Ecoseeds.com ) which now claims the hot (habanero ?) title. This link also has info about tepin, a whole 'nother animal. As far as the hot claims go, I tend to go with Reimerseeds.com as they seem to be the most controlled and inclusive. My friend claims the Naga is a different strain of the Indian PC-1, the Naga being slightly hotter. Not only will it blow your brains out, it does actually have a very nice flavor and aroma. I have yet to meet the person that can take a touch of it to their tongue w/o jumping around a bit... I think I'm going to try to grow some of the Ata Ijosi's next year.
    Dob
    FKA Dobber30052

Brings to mind the first (and last) time I bit into a habanero. I thought that I was a seasoned chile head, that since I ate jalapenos, serranos, and the dried chiles in Chinese food I could "take the heat." A decade later just thinking about it makes me break into a sweat... [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img]