Thread: Using feet and inches in a post

Using feet and inches in a post

When I use MS Word to write and speel check my messages I find a problem with using (") for inches and (') for feet. CBN changes this to ( 800’ by 200’ 8”.) See example below. Is this a problem with my way of using Word to cut & paste the message or is this a problem with CBN format. I don't have the same problem on TBN.

My property is 800’ by 200’ 8”.
    The messages is:
    My property is 800' by 200' 8" inches.

Re: Using feet and inches in a post

MS-Word is not using the " or ' characters like you think it is. Word automatically changes straight quotation marks ( ' or " ) to curly (smart) quotes as you type. These are slanted left/right characters. To turn this feature on or off:

1. On the Tools menu, click AutoCorrect, and then click the AutoFormat As You Type tab.

2. Under Replace as you type, select or clear the Straight quotes with smart quotes check box.

So, you use MS-Word to <font color="blue">speel</font color> check? [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img]
    :: D A V E
    :: g a t o r b o y

Brilliant, Gatorboy, I have learned something new! [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Gatorboy
    Thanks. I tried turning the smart quotes off “ ‘ then tried to put it in a post. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    It works like it should. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Gatorboy

So, you use MS-Word to <font color="red">speel</font color> check?

Well not every time. [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img][img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img]