Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silly Footwear question.....

Silly Footwear question.....

Ok.. here is my really silly question...
    I have work boots, etc. but curious if anyone has a suggestion for an early morning, no coffee in the system, take the dog for a walk, before the baby wakes up, little or no work shoe or boot.
    In the evenings and early mornings the field and garden are soaking wet so if I wear sandals, my feet are soaked and if I put on my tennis shoes, those are soaked.

Here is the catch, I am looking for something super easy to put on and take off [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    I know that if I have to work at it in the early morning, I won't bother!
    Any ideas....garden clogs? Big rubber slip on boots? Looks don't matter!

Thanks!
    Curtis
    Livin' the simple life, 'ceptin' my high speed internet! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Central PA, Near the site of the Largest Inflatable Dam in the US.

Re: Silly Footwear question.....

My wife has a pair of garden clogs, and she loves them. I've also seen muck boots, which I think would service you a little better. They are like garden clogs, but have a back to them. I'm going to get a pair when I run across them. Good Luck.

Kent

What I wear most of the time is an old pair of docksiders. They slip right on, don't have to tie them or anything. One step up from slippers.
    Paul Bradway

Curtis,

I have a few pairs ankle height LL Bean style boots with rubber bottoms leather/nylon uppers that slip on. I get a new pair every year and wear the new ones when it's snowing for informal business attire, then the old pair are the beaters for planting and whatever chores are to be done.

Another alternative is the garden clogs which I don't have but they sell them. Or a cheap way out is full rubber over the sock boot (Walmart for $13) and cut the tops off to slip on easily.

Carl

Carl, this is what I use as well.

I bought a similar style as these (not LL Bean) but at Outdoor World.

If you tie them loose, you can put them on/off like a loafer.
    :: D A V E
    :: g a t o r b o y

I bought a pear of Herman Survivors at Walmart last year for deer hunting,like $30.00 or $40.00 a pair,they keep my feet dry and I even wear the things around here on cold days without socks and they keep my feet nice and warm,and they are so comfortable....I only lace them up 1/2 way when wearing them ouside around the house,but if I trek further off from the house.IE hunting or sawing wood etc,I will take the time to lace them up.

Thongs

Rubber

$3

But no, you can't go too far in them. They are just the go to letterbox and fetch the milk and papers type shoes !!

Cheers

From OZ

Cambridge, New York in beautiful Washington County, next to Vermont

I wear rubber insulated boots made by Northern that I got at quality Farm and Family. They're solid, with no lacing, and I just slip my feet in them. I love them, and wear them everyday, working in the barn, and around the farm. But they're starting to crack, and I'd like another pair. I was hopping that Tractor Supply Company would have them, since they carry Northern boots, but i was there yesterday, and they didn't have them![img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
    Rich
    "What a long strange trip it's been."

I usually just slip on my felt-lined rubber boots - 30$ at the local hardware store.

Another great alternative is a pair of those really rugged deck shoes. I have a pair that I take moose hunting with me - perfect for around camp and trips to the outhouse.

I use "snow mocs". They are a suede slip on shoe with an aggressive tread. Originally made for something to wear after skiing. Made by Merrell and other boot manufacturers.
    Now they are so popular you can find cheapie versions in Kmart, Ames etc. They are great for walking the dogs, getting firewood or just puttering around. I consider mine indespensable. Merrell Mocs at EMS

The link is for Eastern Mountain Sports. The Merrels are expensive but at least you can see what I am talking about.

Phil