Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: And So It Begins ..... Do You Remember?

Re: And So It Begins ..... Do You Remember?

<font color="green"> I keep eyeing the 100 acre lot next to mine.....
    </font color>

had a great uncle that all he ever wanted was the land adjoining ... and then the land adjoining ... and then ... he did it about 3 - 4 times too.

Nice '57 Chev.

You are right on the money. We had nothing but trouble starting our home. Had to fire the first engineer after he could not turn out plans in seven months. Lost our start date in the spring and then hooked up with a great architect and were ready to start last October. The house is up and done except for the lower level. That is to be completed this winter while to snow flies out side.

After we started things went very well. You are right that things will go wrong. That is when you find out if you have hired the right people. We were very lucky to have picked the best people available in our area as subs. It took a lot of homework but it was well worth it.

Learned to drive on my Dad's '57 Chevy - it was blue and a really sweet car.

Rural vs Urban - NO CONTEST!!

The urban folks I work with to "pay for my habit of living on the farm" start to get some sense of it when I tell them on most days it takes me 12 minutes to get to work (or 15 if both stop lights are red) [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] .

Freedom, space to roam, like minded neighbours. I'm living less than a mile from the house I was born in.

Life is amazing.

Bob

Glad you like the car [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    What a magnificent picture - funny that you posted it because we were just talking about how much better the sunsets looked on our new Ponderosa. Another thing is being able to see the star-filled sky at night thanks to no city lights. It's like being at a campsite that you happen to live at [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    We know this all brings a new set of challenges, but it's a good way to go.
    Nick