The shed where I keep the tractor, trailer, lawnmower and the old Explorer has a standing seam metal roof. A prior owner built a workshop on the back, with a corrugated plastic roof.
The overhang under which the plastic was tucked is very short - maybe two inches - and the slope of the plastic very gentle. As a result, water flows back under the overhang and drips onto the floor, rotting it. I have replaced the rotted oak floor and several joists and tried to fill the gap with foam in the valleys of the corrugated plastic and on the outside, roofing tar. The darn thing still leaks (though less), three applications of tar later.

Can anyone recommend a particular kind of spray or goop that will seal this joint better than roofing tar? Tearing off the plastic roof, cutting into the overhang and re-timbering the roof on the back of the shed is a job I will go to some length to avoid.

Two inches of rain this weekend inspire me to tackle this mess. A picture would just confirm the mess I've made with the foam and tar.

Chas