Thread: Grading

Grading

Got a new box blade, this at my house. I never graded around the garage I added. So now I'm getting it done.

Picture

Re: Grading

Another view of my co-pilot

Picture

YOU REALLY SHOULD READ THE SAFETY COLUMN ON THE SISTER COLUMN, TRACTORBYNET! [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

I have made the choice to let my son ride with me sometimes on the tractor. That having been said I feel that I as the adult have to pick the times I do allow him with me. I never let the kids anywhere near me when I am bush hogging our property, and in this case at our house in town I didn't let him on the tractor until it was basically done, only a very gentle slope and no holes or bumps. Plus we were going so slow my wife with the camera could walk faster then us.
    I want my son to experience time on the tractor and do appreciate the safety concerns of others as I'm sure there are those who do some really dumb things that hurt themselves & others. But I also can't wait until he gets his drivers license and then say, OK son now you can drive the tractor. I intend to teach him tractor safety from an early age, in a few years he will be able to figure out how to start it on his own and I don't want him sneaking off to drive the tractor and really getting hurt.
    A warning is justified as you usually can't tell if someone is an idiot from just a picture, unless it is a picture of the results of doing something stupid.

It is hard to compete with my uncle as he is in the excavation business, if it wasn't for the fact that he lives 3 hours away I don't know if my son would even look at my little 9N. Here he is "driving". [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Picture