Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Workshop construction

Workshop construction

My workshop is finally progressing. Framing is moving along and waiting for the roof trusses to be delivered any day. See photo.

Re: Workshop construction

Photo #2. Workshop is 36 X 60 ft; 12 ft walls. One 20 x 22 ft section is for tractor storage/auto repair, etc. I'll later build a shed for the attachments. The remainder of the shop is for woodworking (wood floor on sleepers) plus a 10 x 10 ft office and full bathroom. The workshop is about 350 ft from the house site. The house is also under construction but has only the foundation walls/footing poured. The basement slab is due to be poured soon.

Where's photo #2?

Computer operator error - clumsy fingers. See attached.

Everyone should have a shop like that. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thats a beautiful shop you are going to have there. I wish I was that far along. I am building a 32 by 56 with a 16 by 16 addition on the right side and a 12 by 16 lean-to on the left. I will be lucky to get all the poles up and the roof on before winter. I now have 21 of 33 poles up and I still have to tamp dirt in 7 of the holes. I work out of town/state so I don't get much time to work on it.

It's been slow going this summer on the shop. The foundation wall was poured in June and the slab poured in August. The general contractor is still tied up on another job. I've been putting up fencing since April with two part time helpers and I've just started another project (dam repair). My wife is buying two horses so I've got to modify the pole barn for an open stall and put in some fenced pastures soon.

Spencer,

You are doing a fine job. I just love looking at photos from projects other's are working on. I don't work out of state, but I do work over an hour away from home. That, combined with soccer games/practice for the kids, yard maintenence at home, among other things, I don't get to my property that all much as well. I am pretty much limited to Saturday afternoons or Sunday mornings. But hey, if I was in a rush, I'd hire out the job. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I am hoping to at least get my posts in the ground before December.

BTW, any chance you will be updating your Profile Information?
    :: D A V E
    :: g a t o r b o y

Very nice pictures. Your story sounds familiar but you're still ahead of me [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] . They dug the hole last spring and then it rained foerver. Then they got tied up on projects at the local college that had to be finished before school started. In the mean time, I enlarged the project and split the work between the GC and me and my 18 year old. They just poured the footings and foundation walls and now we are busy backfilling and compacting so they can pour the slab and start framing. Its going to be 28x40 with a tractor shed off the back. It will have two car doors with one vehicle in permanent residence. The rest will be for wood working and whatever else comes up. Also 12' high in case I decide to add a car lift.

The shop roof trusses have arrived. Quite a load. As soon as the tiedowns were removed, the driver gunned the truck and BANG they were unloaded. Didn't even have time to get a picture of it as I was removing the lens cap.