Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: casa di paese...

casa di paese...

or country house. Here's some pics of the new house goin up back home in the good ol' green mountains. Capped off the foundation late last Sept. then covered it up for the winter. Started the framing back on July 20th. The siding still has to be done. Our main objective this year is to have the structure sealed up and fully weather-tite before ol' man winter comes around again. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

DFB

Re: casa di paese...

From the left.

Rear elevation.

Here's the front.

That is one fine looking home with a great view. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Beautiful!

I see an RV parked out there. Is that your current living quarters, or do you stay there on weekends when working on the house?

If you live far away from the new house site, that is a great idea to have an RV to crash in.
    :: D A V E
    :: g a t o r b o y

Bellisima!

Thanks DD. These days its hard to believe there was once a pine forest standing there so thick you could hardly walk thru it let alone see through it.

Seems the view has garnered the attention of few others too! One mornin' I woke up to find a car parked on my drive and someone taking photographs of the ridge peaking up thru the rising mist. Also the people who own the next house up the road have hired my friend Randy along with his skidder to clear off some of their 10 acres. He was tellin' me they want to be able to see the mountain from their place too. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

DFB

Gatorboy, yep thats a tow behind camper you see. It's been my little ol' home away from home for the summer when I'm back there. Won't be long before I'll have to winterize it though, my walk out basement is all plumbed for a 3/4 bath so the next step is to wall off and insulate the rear third of the basement and temp in some electric heat, a bathroom vent and a small electric hot water heater. The well/pump/waterline/sewerline plus the panelbox are all in place. That will give me some temporary living space for stayovers during the winter months. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

DFB

Wow! looks nice. Great view! I can't wait till mine gets going. Are you building it yourself, or having someone build it for you?
    Paul Bradway