Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: House

House

Well in the grand tradition of the great TBN posts of the same name. I will start anouther here.

They dug the hole for our house today. They say the pour wil be on monday. I can't wait till this house is done! Heres a picture of what we got so far.
    Paul Bradway

Re: House

Nice looking hole in the ground Paul. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Argee [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

For what it is worth, you are one step ahead of us. [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img]

<font color="red"> For what it is worth, you are one step ahead of us </font color>

Well, heres the thing. We went to contract in June. We were suposted to be in on aug 27th. We sold our house at the begening of july. We are renting our old apartment from the new people, but we realy don't like them, or the people they moved in downstairs. So we REALY want this house done.
    Paul Bradway

Congrats again Paul on the start of a fun journey. Tell us a little about what you're building. One story or two? Brick, siding or ??? Garage space for a tractor (oops, wrong board)? When do you expect to be in? Doing any of the work yourselves?

Good luck and keep the pictures coming [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Rob

<font color="blue"> They say the pour wil be on monday </font color>

We have just started our desert retirement home as well. Our slab is due to be poured Monday, too, then the builder takes off for a horse show while the slab cures.

Expected completion January 2003. This is a one story, 2350 sq ft stucco w/tile roof, 3 bay garage (one for the new CUT [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img] with 8ft overhead doors to provide plenty of clearance for the ROPS).

The bad thing is, we are still in MD; won't arrive AZ until early November, so no pix until then [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Rob, Heres the plan. house

Paul Bradway

Paul, I think my wife and I looked at that same plan at one time. From the beginning we knew we wanted a first floor guest suite. Frank Betz puts out some interesting plans. Are you building it as is, or have you made modifications [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Rob

We are changing it a little. Mostly just a little bigger.
    Paul Bradway

That picture brings back memories of last October when we started our project. Here is a picture of our hole.