Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: House

Re: House

Last one for today.

Its nice. I am finly starting to get an idea of how the house will be. And I like it. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] You never know how it will look id 3d, till its up.
    Paul Bradway

In my mind's eye I am fast forwarding one year. I see a brand new, completed, beautiful house surrounded with snow and smoke rising from the chimney. ( you will have a chimney, won't you?) <Oh, okay! There's the chimney in the third picture!> Inside is a happy, contented family sitting around the fireplace basking in the glow of the rewards of their hard work and perseverance! [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Looking good, Paul!
    Chris

Thanks man, I needed that. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Paul Bradway

Things are looking good Paul, lots of progress. How much snow do you have. Looks like a lot in your pictures [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Rob

LOTS OF SNOW!!! I got my Jeep stuck this morning. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] It took two hours for me and my sister to get it out. Was going to pull it out with my plow truck, but it would not start [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Wish I had a tractor. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

BTW got the windows in. Looking like a real house now. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Paul Bradway

anouther angle....
    Paul Bradway

Definitely looking like a house. I like the arch top window and the oval light in the door, nice touches. What brand windows are you using? And how much snow do you have to get a Jeep stuck?!? [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Rob

The windows are Andersons. Not top of the line, but they are alot better than I had at my old house.

Now the Jeep. Well we had a few snow storms. What happand is I drove back to my shed, no problem, but when I stopped, two wheels broke through a few layers of ice, to the snow under. Kind of like a ham sandwatch. I was driving on the top peice fine, till I stoped, and the ham gave way.[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Paul Bradway

well, still moving along SLOWLY!!! Roofs all done, and all the doors, and windows are in but one side door. They get that done, and we are sealed up, and they can start on the inside. MAN, this is taken a long time. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] Cant wait till its done, and we are in.
    Paul Bradway

I really hate to say this but your project is moving at a snail’s pace. I admit that I did not read through all the posts but did your builder give you a completion date?

I would expect the house done and ready for occupancy in about 120 to 150 days. You are just getting closed in and have all the electrical, plumbing, drywall, trim and etc yet to finish. What does your builder say. There must be a lot of days when no one is working on your house? I have to assume that is the case.