Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: House

Re: House

Hi Paul,

Glad to here that you are in and settled.

My son and I met with the architect this morning to start the plans for his new home. We will start in April if the weather is good to us. All the subs are lined up and just waiting to see the plans. Some site work will be done this fall so I quess I should start a new post. Will do that when the dozer starts the driveway in a couple of weeks.

Keep us up to date on how you make out with the builder.

<font color="red"> Keep us up to date on how you make out with the builder </font color>

I will. Not much has been going on latly, just settling in, and getting ready for winter. Hoping this is done soon, so we can get on with the rest of our lives.
    Paul Bradway

well if anyone is near the Albany NY area, the builder is going to be on the 10 news at 6 tonight. Should be interesting.
    Paul Bradway

Just a though, but have you talked to other customers of this builder. If you can show that he has several problems the State Attorney's office might be interested if a pattern of disception can be shown.

It would be something if all his unhappy customers joined together to sue him.

<font color="red"> It would be something if all his unhappy customers joined together to sue him.
    </font color>

[img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Yes it would. That would be just to bad for him. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Paul Bradway

Well the builder decided to delare bankruptcy as opposed to pay over $10 million to subs and suppliers. The proverbal Sh*t has hit the fan here.

http://www.wten.com/Global/story.asp...p;nav=EjCvJVEf

http://www.wten.com/Global/story.asp...p;nav=EjCvJWbx

www.troyrecord.com do a search for "wedgewood".

It has been on all the news channels and in the newspapers. This is really big. They owe creditors over $10 million dollars. They have paid for nothing and now liens are flying!

The nightmare is still not over. Since they declared bankruptcy a group lawsuit won't net anything.

Michele
    Paul Bradway

<font color="green">They owe creditors over $10 million dollars. They have paid for nothing and now liens are flying!
    </font color>

Where did the money go. Follow the money and if it is in their personal accounts or hidden away from the company then your group can go after everything, that means cars, homes, property and etc. If it came from the company instead of paying the subs and suppliers, it is fraud.

Yes the NY Attorney Generals office is looking into the "problem". There are a lot of people out a lot of money. They wrote contracts for homes in the developments, took these peoples deposits and now they have nothing. In some ways they are the lucky ones. They didn't get stuck with a house with problems and now no warranty.

Oh and since they went bankrupt every house they built is no longer warrantied. There was one couple at the Wedgewood Victims meeting thats roof is leaking. He called the roofer to see if he would back up his work and the guy spewed obscenities at him because he hadn't been paid.

So sad for everyone involved, except of course whoever has the money.

Michele
    Paul Bradway

It might not be healthy to anger that many people. You never know who might go 'round the bend. The least likely folks can go "postal." Whether or not there is a way to recover $ there are some folks who may extract their pound of flesh. I'd hate to have to always wonder who might be considering taking a shot at me.

Oh well, maybe the guilty party will get hit by a truck and his estate, enrichened by his life insurance cold then be sued for $.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Re: House-Framing??

Paul:
    I see from your photos that the 2x4's go up to roof line?
    Also, the second floor was not in.

Did you get any other photos of second floor tied into the walls?

Usually the 1st floor is built then the second floor (platform) &amp; then the seceonf floor walls. (called platform framing)

You said you had trusses? any shots of theese either?

PS: Was the septic exposed all winter?

Did you code official inspect all your phases?
    [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]