Thread: Need Pond Advice-Central Florida

Need Pond Advice-Central Florida

I live in the Central Florida area and would like to know if anyone out there has had experience in building a small pond.

Re: Need Pond Advice-Central Florida

TomD,

There are a lot of threads on this subject on the sister "ByNet" tractorbynet.com. Go there to get a whole slew of opinions by searching under ponds.

I think you find renting or contracting a bulldozer or excavator will make the most sense.

I know that you also want an idea of the issues associated with central FLA. If your land is flat, you are going to need to know the depth of the water table, the soil perc rate etc. It may be that consulting a local expert is in order. However, as a start, you may want to search tracotrbynet.com.

Keep us informed of your progress, this is a very interesting topic.

Buck

Re: Need Pond Advice-Central Florida

I am in central Florida as well, Mulberry - South of Lakeland. Be sure to contact http://www.swfwmd.state.fl.us/ SWFWMD. I just had the county work on 1400 feet of drainage going through my property. I was going to do it my self but with all the rules set by SwiftMud I found it better to "donate" an easement to the county.

SwiftMud is very strict on altering the natural drainage and waterpath of properties.

Roger Meadows
    TiAnViCa Ranch
    Mulberry, Florida