Thread: Pond fountains

Pond fountains

I am going to install a fountain in/on my pond next summer for looks and for aeration.

Does anyone have any experience with fountains for small ponds, say ponds that are 75 ft. in their smallest dimension that they'd like to share?

What kinds should I stay away from and any recommended companies?

Thanks

Buck

Re: Pond fountains

I have two small ponds at our front entry. I bought my pumps from HD (any box store should have them)...I think they were standard "little giant" or eqiv. The good news with buying them there is I have burned out two pumps and both have been replaced without complaint. Maybe that is because of what I spend there [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img]. At about $60 a pop, it is worth the convenience of easy returns if you have problems.

By the way, I solved the clogging problem easily enough by putting the pump in the middle of volcanic rock in one of those big black nursery planting pots scooted under the waterfall....acts as a macro filter that I clean out once a year. Also planted the upper pond heavily, which acts as further filter. In our third year now with no worries.