Thread: Treating Concrete Floors

Treating Concrete Floors

Any recommendations on what to treat a floor with? Mine isn't treated - hasn't been a problem yet - but I'm thinking of doing so. My barn is 40x60 and the concrete has no real active staining. Some folks have said that I should put a coating on it, but I'm not sure what. Any comments?

Thanks.

-Bob

Re: Treating Concrete Floors

Years ago on construction jobs we used to spray fresh concrete sidwalks/curbs/gutters etc. with a mixture of linseed oil and kerosene to help seal it from the elements and road salt. I'm quite sure if you ask at the local concrete supply store they will have sealers available that are not the " paint type ".

Egon

Egon,

I have reformatted your photo to the 100x100 pixel requirement of CBN. You look alot taller in my picture than the one CBN squished you on. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

If you like it, just right click the picture and save it -- then use this one in your Profile Settings.
    :: D A V E
    :: g a t o r b o y

I always use a clear sealer on the concrete. It prevents staining and also keeps the dust down.

Check with your area concrete supplier to see what they have available. The best stuff is not cheap but lasts far longer than the DYI stores shelf products. I cannot remember the brand name of the sealer I used on the new house but I can find out if you need a name

Thank you very much. As you may have noticed I'm computer challenged as well as hight challenged.

Egon

Try Again

Egon,

You're looking fine now - hoping your hands/wrist the same soon.

Carl