Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CQ CQ CQ

Re: CQ CQ CQ

<font color="blue">Any ham radio operators around KE4MBN here</font color>

Ever run into WD4KDN, out of Vinton VA?? He's an old bud of mine from online police forums (Andy Corbin).

Church Road, VA 45 miles SOUTH of Richmond

I've heard the call from somewhere. My dad is KE4MBN and he just retired from Richmond Police Dept. He was a Lt. I believe.
    Church Road, VA
    See some pics at http://photos.yahoo.com/vamangano

73s from N4KJ Mars Hill, North Carolina!

Not really active anymore, but have enjoyed the hobby over the past 30 years.

AGN _ _ ... ... _ _

N4KJ, Rob [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Rob

KE4MBN KE4MBN KE4MBN de N6AYR N6AYR N6AYR K

I opened up hobbies for the express reason to send a general call to see how many hams were lurking in our midst and voila there was your call pounding in 5x5.
    In theory now that I am retired, I'm supposed to have time for more ham radio. Well, it hasn't happened yet, I'm working harder than I did before I retired and haven't even set up my HF station and although I have a dual bander VHF/UHF rig in one of my trucks, it doesn't see much action. Maybe after I get my house built and a few other "little" items off my list, I can set up my HF rig and yak a bit, after all one set of phonetics for AYR is "Always Yacking Radio." I was originally liscensed as KN5DBP (DeciBell Pat) back in the early 60's but sort of faded out of ham radio. Got started again in San Diego, missing the 13WPM by a hair which explains the Tech call. I liked the AYR call so I kept it even though I made general a few weeks later. It isn't that I don't like CW, I do, I'm just not real good at it. At my best I could handle typical QSO at up to about 15WPM. Would probably strugle at 5-10 now. Some of my cohorts and I used to use aeronautical mobile surplus keys that you strap on your leg to work some modulated FM simplex when our jobs had us out in our vehicles during the day.
    I hope to be able to build an antenna farm in the future as I certainly have room. I was disappointed to find that I missed the last bust cycle of the oil industry in Oklahoma since I had been hoping to buy a used oil derrick to make a tower and a wildlife observation platform.

So, what is your operating situation over in "4" land?

73, Patrick
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Hello, the call here is KB8IDY . I love h.f. phone on 80 meters. I also enjioy vhf in the car. 73's to all. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] <font color="red"> </font color> <font color="orange"> </font color> KB8IDY

I am not a ham, but I have thought of getting into it in the past. My dad is realy into it[KB2HQ] And it looks like it can be a lot of fun, but its a time thing. One of these days I may try it.
    Paul Bradway

s1120, Lisc are real easy to get these days. There are real good lisc prep books. You can read through a few tmes and pass the test as it is multiple choice and the right answewrs will leap off the page at you after reading the study materials. Learning to read/copy the code is way easier than you might think. Much easier than learing to play an instrument or speak a foreign language. Give it a whorl, you might like it. There are so many different aspects to ham radio that you should find some that interest you.

Pat N6AYR (gonna have to get me a 5 call so the good ole boys will talk to me)
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

<font color="red">Learning to read/copy the code is way easier than you might think. Much easier than learing to play an instrument or speak a foreign language. </font color>

Oh, I hope so. My attemts at eather muisc, or a foreign language [or english for that manner [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ] has been poor at best.[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] One of these days I may give it a rip.
    Paul Bradway

When I was learning Morse, I used the Quick Code CD. It uses neumonics to teach the rythm of the letters. For example the neumonic for the letter D is "dog did it". Long short short, or dah dit dit.
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

DE N8EMR Central ohio.
    wpql387 GMRS.