Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the biggest selling pickup?

Re: What is the biggest selling pickup?

They should bring back the El Camino and make it a 4-door for that market niche.

Hey--don't blame me for including the Avalanche!! That's why I said--"close call." It's absolutely plug-ugly, but I guess if you flip everything around it's a pickup truck of sorts. More to the point, I cribbed the whole list from a website that counts the Avalanche, so I felt like I had to put it in--even though it puts GM ahead of my own favorite--my '97 F150 GLT 4x4 off-road extended-cab beauty. <font color="blue"> So, what the heck--I hereby take Avalanche off the list!!! </font color> [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

But if you lump the Sierra &amp; the Silverado together since they are the same truck you get 572,208 which still puts it ahead of the Ford [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

It's not an El Camino, but Subaru has a new 4-door car with a rear bed.

Subaru Baja
    :: D A V E
    :: g a t o r b o y

Gee, isn't asking what truck sells the most a bit like asking what animal has the most group compliance and getting an answer like... Lemmings!

We didn't end up with the best personal computer architecture available, we ended up with Intel 8086 family. We didn't end up with the best operating system available. We ended up with Windows. The market place frequently does not select the best technology. VHS is not technically superior to BetaMAx. The IBM style clone personal computer isn't the best that was available. It was the best marketing job/travesty/hoax perpetrated on us. Don't you think it might be a bit that way with vehicles or do you just intrinsically trust the crafters of advertisement campaigns and corporate strategies to have our best interests as their chief motivation? Recall how GM thought it CHEAPER to defend against lawsuits that to move the gas tanks on their trucks to reduce the danger of tank rupture in a side collision? That is illustrative of the consideration the makers have for the buyers. Perhaps a better question is: What style considerations and advertisement campaigns tended to override any logic and sway buyers?

I gotta go, my wife want me to drive her 50-60 miles one way to go test drive a Suburu Baja. I would rather drive 25 miles in the other direction to show her a transformer toy, I mean, Avalanche... I think they are so cute. Like a miniature bull dog, so ugly in the face that they are cute.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Thanks....you answered my question................. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] duh..........

And all this time I thought the Aztec was the ugliest (forgive the spelling, was a guess). I wonder what would happen if you loaded that truck and ran into a rain storm [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] , would it fill the cab and give you ecologically friendly passenger foot [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] cooling system?
    Bayrat

Funny how the concept is relatively new to the US. The Aussies and others have had utes for years. And, this crewcab big to do in compact and 1/2 tons has been done in other countries. It's just finally getting around to the us here in the US.