Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brand new Ford F-150

Brand new Ford F-150

This is the new look of the F-150. Truck has some nice features.

All New 150 (Exterior)

All New 150 (Interior)

The regular cab has 4 doors to allow easier access to behind the seat storage.

It is on Fords website now so you can check it out there.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/index.asp

Re: Brand new Ford F-150

The one thing I noticed is, the only way you can get an 8' bed is w/ either the XL or the XLT. Can't get one w/ the Lariat package or the FX4. I think that might upset some people. I know it would me if I were to look at a Ford. My Silverado currently only has the 6 1/2' and I hate it....just my opinion

I dispise the 6.5 foot bed as well. No matter what you plan there is never enough room especially once you mount a tool box on the truck. But, I don't get anything but the XLT so I am fine [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

The Lariat package has an 8' bed -- if you get the SuperCab.
    :: D A V E
    :: g a t o r b o y

Are you sure to this is what I see in the website: <font color="blue"> Available in: SuperCab or SuperCrew / 4x2 or 4x4 / 5 ½ or 6 ½’ Styleside pickup box </font color> where as the XLT has: <font color="blue"> Available in: Regular Cab, SuperCab or SuperCrew / 4x2 or 4x4 / Body / 5 ½, 6 ½’ or 8’ Styleside pickup box / 6 ½’ Flareside pickup box </font color>

Maybe you are right Dave, but that isn't what I'm seeing for the new model.

Jim

I went to the Build Your Own link, and selected 8' bed. The SuperCab Lariat was one of the displayed trucks. Now, their website may/may not be correct.

:: D A V E
    :: g a t o r b o y

I don't know for sure but the exterior dimensions list the 8' box as an option. I checked after you mentioned it. The Super Crew can only come in 5.5' box if I remember right, maybe a 6.5' also. But I think the Super Cab has all three options for bed length.

Was that current or the 2004 redesign?

I went to the build your own link and could only find the 2003 F150. If there is another besides what is on the main page I couldn't find it. Could you send me a link to the one you did?

Thanks,
    Jim

I was browsing the MSN site that has the international auto show previews on it. It appeared the Ford has different sheet metal on the front for different models, although the pics were small so I can not be sure. They definitely favor the previous Dodge in front appearance as the new Dodge favors the Ford in rear styling. The one I can't seem to warm up to is the new Chevy, although it usually takes me time to get used to a change. It seems the GMC has a more "truck like" appearance and perhaps that was the plan.
    Bayrat