Thread: Volleyball Season!

Volleyball Season!

My 11 year old daughter Emily went out for JV volleyball this year and had their first game last night. We all had a good time even though we lost in three straight games [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]. Her first home game is tonight and she is very excited and hopeful that they will do better. Any other v-ball parents here on CBN?

Re: Volleyball Season!

My 13 y.o. daughter has been playing vb for 2 years. She loves it. She is homeschooled and plays on the homeschool team. She also plays on a Junior Olympic team, which is a tournament team. You should see if there is a JO team where you live. Good luck this season.

Hi, it is great. I still live in SoCal although we will be moving to NoIdaho evenyually. I am a VB coach for Orange County VB Club. I am coaching 14 and under girls. I am also VB official. Both my kids play(ed) competitive VB at school, including college. Keep us informed, if you have any Qs do not hesitate.

I'm not a V-ball parent, however, I play in a Men's over-35 BB league on Monday nights, and last Monday at the High School we play at, there was a Volleyball game that was still going on (we had to wait until it was over before we could take over the court of course), and I must say watching Volleyball in person is very exciting.

I have seen it on TV, and rarely do I watch for any extended time, but watching it live, and seeing the interaction between the girls, listening to the communication among each other, on top of seeing the great serving, blocking, digging and spiking going on, made one enjoyable experience. I almost wished they would have kept the net up and let us play volleyball rather than basketball when they finished. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

:: D A V E
    :: g a t o r b o y

My daughters 9 and will be playing her second year in the park league, she thought she wouldn't like it but she loves it and it looks like it will be her main sport. We have vb clubs here and I will probably try to get her into one after this season but they can be expensive and now I want to look into JO teams as that would be good for her skill development as well.