Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GM Truck Daytime Running Lights

Re: GM Truck Daytime Running Lights

I have a '99 Silverado w/ almost 60k on it. The left one blew out about 6 mo. ago or so. Ran about a month before I remembered to pick up a package at Wally World. About 2 weeks later the right one blew. Then took me about another month to find where I put the other bulb in the package. At least now I don't have another bulb floating around and trying to remember what it goes to. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] I personally will try to keep them replaced as I do think they are a big boost in safety as it helps people see me in the bright evening sun before sunset. Besides it just bugs me to have anything that doesn't work.

Re: GM Truck Daytime Running Lights

Doesn't anyone remember perdittles and perdunkles and the good uses they were put to by teenagers? If I had daytime runing lights, I'd be tempted to take one bulb out...FOR THE CHILDREN...

One front turn signal lense is cracked on my Dakota farm truck (a beater) but my wife wanted it replaced. It is a 3-4 inch by 3-4 inch piece of flat plastic, injection molded. Probably costs a dime to make. Dodge doesn't supply them. You have to buy the next level of complexity up which has the reflector and lense for the princely sum of $83. I was curious so I asked the price of the red stop light lenses. Lenses alone, maybe 40 cents worth of plastic are well over $100 each. I'd say Generous Motors can be trusted to position its market place morals right up there with Chrysler.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"