Thread: Rain, Rain, Rain

Rain, Rain, Rain

Well after a dry-dry summer, autumn in Ohio is wet so far. It has been raining pretty steady since yesterday morning. Our new place is now MUD-MUD-MUD! [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img]
    I've been getting the fine grading finished while it has been to dry to plant grass. Maybe now I can - if it stops raining...
    When is it to late to put grass seed down in the fall? [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Re: Rain, Rain, Rain

Actually the fall is the best time to plant. For Ohio I would think early November is about the latest, but the next two-three weeks are probably optimum.

Also newly graded material will settle and can pack down after a rain so iti might be a good idea to loosen the soil some before planting with a light tilling & raking before planting.

Carl

Re: Rain, Rain, Rain

The rain is wonderful. Overseeding will be done tomorrow for all the places that died this dry summer. I just finished planting 71 more trees and shrubs. So with the rain and the discounts 70% off at a local nursery, we bought 14 shrub roses today. It is suppose to rain all weekend. It is great to see the rain.

Re: green, green, green

Well, we got seed & straw down a couple of weeks ago & we have green grass coming up almost everywhere. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    The rye has taken hold & hopefully the other perennial mix will take off also. We ended up doing about 1.5 acres this time around.