Thread: Finally Finished

Finally Finished

About 9 months ago I was envying everybody their progress with their house, well, our new home in the country is pretty much complete. It was an amazing experience. It was built by a builder with 3 helpers in about 8 months (in the winter in No Idaho!). This guy was amazing: we had no plans, no drawings, no architect. We had no contract, signed papers and he never took any money up front for materials. He gave me a bill after completion of each phase hand written on a small piece of paper. Everything was hand cut, hand hammered (no power nailers), there is no plastic or even particle board on the house, everything is real wood.

Re: Finally Finished

That is one sharp looking home.

WOW [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

That is an impressive home and the building process sounds equally impressive. Congratulations on a beautiful place [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Rob

Nice:

In fact very,very nice.

Egon

Looks beautiful! I looked at the photo before reading the text and thought it was a Lindal Cedar home. Are they still in business?

I can see sitting on the deck area with a nice cup of tea and just watching the woods.

Wish you many happy years of occupancy.
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

Thanks everybody. The house is nice but the homestead is overwhelming amount of work. First of all, my driveway through the forest is 2,000' and is so muddy that I cannot drive on it, landscaping will be a challenge and I have to start on my outbuildings.

The house is not Lindal but we borrowed ideas from it. The house is actually framed, not post and beam as Lindal builds.

It has the angled look that they use, along with the deck/walkway. It's something to be proud of!
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

Can I ask how much this beautiful house cost? I have property in Iowa on a lake and would like to build something like this. Again beautiful home hope you enjoy it.