Thread: New Dodge Hemi 3/4 ton 4x4

New Dodge Hemi 3/4 ton 4x4

Just saw the new 3/4 ton with the HEMI engine in standard cab in white [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] , same setup as my 2002 with the old body style. Nice looking machine, the truck sits higher in the front than the 4x4 half tons that came out last year, the main reason I did not get one due to the possibility of installing a plow (which I did). I saw some with plows and they seemed a bit nose heavy, the dealer said they have to crank the torsion bars up a couple of turns to support them properly. Should be interesting to see how they hold up since the change in axle suppliers by Dodge due to the high failure rate of the New Process units (or whatever name they use now). That engine is what intrests me the most however.
    Bayrat

Re: New Dodge Hemi 3/4 ton 4x4

Bayrat,

The new hemi is 5.7L 345HP 375 Torque while the V10 makes 305HP and 440 torque. From what I have read the hemo gets 10% better fuel mileage as well. The Dodge for some reason has burned more fuel that comparable Ford/Chevys..

My last Mopar was a Plymouth GTX 1971 440 4 Brl - ran great - that was a fast car, but the 70's and 69's even faster due to emissions on the 71.

Carl

Re: New Dodge Hemi 3/4 ton 4x4

Carl that new motor is awesome according to my brother-in-law. He stopped over last night, works at a Dodge dealership and we got talking about it. The whole truck is beautiful, I wish I could afford to trade up after less than one year but that is not the case. Probably best to wait a couple years until any bugs are out anyhow. There was an article in USA today on Friday that rated it the best H/D pickup available. Amazing how far they have come in less than ten years, and now with the M/B influence to boot.
    Bayrat