Thread: Rural humor

Rural humor

I'm sure this is NOT the place to repost and pass around endless jokes, tastless or otherwise but it seems like the ideal venue for Rural Humor whether real or fanciful, tall tale or annecdote, personal or remotely observed. Of course there should be some guidelines as to Mo's (how do yo spell Mohammed?) desires as to level, i.e. G, PG, PG 13, or suitable for a church picnic in mixed company (potentially limiting but an interesting challenge).

I'll venture this: A farmer had a mule for sale sign up by the road and a fella stops to inquire about the price of the mule. Farmer says, " $10 as the mule, he don't look so good." The guy immediately bought what seemed to him to be a prime example of the breed but came back the next day complaining the mule had walked into the barn door breaking a hinge and injuring its head before stepping on his wife's foot. Guy says, "sir, that mule is blind!" Farmer says, "yup, I told you that mule didn't look so good."

OR... Maybe the farmer sold his cow promising it would give just a squint less than 4 gallons of milk a day. The buyer is back 3 days later saying he never got more than a gallon a day to which the seller replied, "yup." Buyer asks, "just how much is a SQUINT, anyway?" The seller says, "seems like about 3 gallons."

I'm sure folks can certainly do better than these poor attempts to prime the rural humor pump.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Re: Rural humor

Pat,
    I think if it was kept to the on-topic stuff it would be fine. But we all know it will not. I like a joke now, and agen, and god knows I have sent a ton out to people,but I get enough of them every day in my email box to keep me. I don't need them in mytwo fav. boards. Just my opion, and I could be out of line. Its just my 2 cents. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Paul Bradway

s1120, Humor has or should have a place in our lives. As you say, perhaps you get all you want by other means. Perhaps you have no interest in RURAL HUMOR. My samples were certainly prretty poor but not intended to be archetypes just something to prime the pump. The imporatnt criteria by which a decision will be made regarding whether or not a rural humor topic would be allowed do not include my or your personal desires. If Mohammed thinks it is appropriate and enough folkks enjoy it to make it work, then there you are. I'm sure there must be other topics that you have no interest in as well but should they be deleted because you don't read them (or read them and regret it)? From your response it seemed that either you read all topics as if they were mandatory and didn't want to be forced to read this one, or you didn't want the rest of us to share rural humor because you get enough humor by other means. I don't mean to sound sarcastic, but I don't understand why you can't just not read a topic that doesn't interest you and let the rest of the folks make their own decision. Hopefully it doesn't bother you if some of us think humor is an important part of life and as our lives are or aspire to be rural... I guess well just have to agree to disagree on the validity of allowing others to enjoy something in which we don't personally choose to participate.

Zeb's wife told Zeb it was time to take his son Henry out to the barn for THAT TALK about the birds and the bees. Zeb calls Henry and takes him out to the barn and tells him his ma wants him to know aout the birds and the bees. Zeb asks his son if he recalls the time he came in the barn and saw the hired girl in the hay with his uncle Luke. The boy nods yes. Zeb says, "well Luke, the birds and the bees, they do that too."

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Hello Pat. I think my post came off wrong. I am not a great typer. I was only refering to the fact that some times the jokes get out of hand, not that we don't need humor in our lives. Also I don't mean that we can't have a rural humor fourm, just giving my view on the subject.

<font color="red"> My samples were certainly prretty poor but not intended to be archetypes just something to prime the pump </font color>

Actuality I kind of liked them. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Paul Bradway