Thread: snakes

snakes

Being out in the country and close to the woods, I was told that snakes may start searching for new nesting places for the winter. Is there any product that will persuade them to stay away from my house. I've seen some sulferous powders for sale in the hardware stores, but wonder if it puts off a strong odor. I would hate to have such a smell coming up from beneath my house all winter. Suggestions?

Re: snakes

FT

We had a big chat about this sometime ago on TBN.

I had/have a fair snake problem too. Mine are just starting to come out now it is getting hot and have had to "relocate" one already.

I am not keen on killing them but if they are in the shed or house or immediate vicinity I am loathe to leave them there. Problem is I cannot tell what sort they are until they are nice & still !!!

Anyway, the latest one was venomous.

All I have done to try and prevent them is to keep grass nice and short around house & shed and not keep any piles or hay or wood etc. close by.

The TBN'ers told me that mothballs, or the active ingedient in mnothballs (napthalene) is a deterrent but so far I haven't tried them.

(I can't throw real well [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I think you should try some around your shed etc. and see if it keeps them away. They reckon it will !

Cheers

From OZ