Thread: Electric Fence - supplies??

Electric Fence - supplies??

Since QF&F has disappeared, I find that electric fencing supplies are harder to find. Tractor Supply (at least here) doesn't seem to have the same stuff, or has it packed in smaller quantities (making it much more expensive).
    I'm reworking some of my pastures and adding some fence and just ran out of splices (I use the "Splice-It" crimp connectors since that's the tool I have).

pete
    Haven't had real success finding suppliers using google .... anyone know a good source where they sell in 100's packs (instead of 10's like Tractor Supply?)
    it's a shame that common sense isn't

Re: Electric Fence - supplies??

Take a look at these.....These insulators are the best I have ever seen or used,I have had them on fence posts for about 9 years and have not dry rotted.They snap on the T-Posts and are a lot easier to install than others I have seen.
    http://www.redsnapr.com/redsnapr/

Stay away from the "Dare Brand" of insulators....they are junk and will dry rot in about a year.

I really like the guys and Kencove. www.kencove.com. They have everything and usually at great prices.

Thanks Richard. I had found them via Google but they didn't carry the "splice-it" connectors. However, the splices they do carry appear to be ok for the connector tool I have (after paying $50 for a crimper, you kind of hate to toss it and buy another!). They certainly do have excellent prices for the gate springs and other stuff I looked at. I'll give thema try!
    [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    pete

If I know what they are Pete I could probably get them here. Our F&F has everything. Maybe a brand name and serial #. I go there all the time and UPS picks up right here at my office so it really wouldn't be a bother.

just a brand name for an electric fence wire splice, Richard. I went and ordered a bunch of stuff from Kencove and I'll try their splices.
    Thanks for the offer!
    [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I'll agree 100% with cowboydoc's view on Kencove.
    I live about 50 miles from them and just drove out yesterday to pickup a couple rolls of HT 12 1/2 gauge wire.
    and they do have everything you need. Now keep in mind
    that a 4000' coil of wire weighs 105 lbs, so shipping cost might play a factor when buying wire or posts.
    -Shawn

well, after Richard's post, I went ahead and put together an order and emailed it to Kencove. He responded within 1/2 hour ... and there was a package sitting here when I arrived from work today. [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] That's only 1-1/2 days!
    That is utterly amazing service ... more so considering his prices are fantastic. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    One of the things I order were replacement spring gate springs (is that redundant or what). The whole spring gate kit was $6.50 ... the replacement spring was $3.50. These are the exact same things for which I paid $19.99 at QFF !
    I'll try out the splices this weekend and see how they work in my splice tool.