Thread: Have to refresh

Have to refresh

I have CBN & TBN "bookmarked" as buttons on IE 6. When I open the browser I get the latest version. If I leave IE open and hit the "favorite button" later, CBN hasn't refreshed itself to show updated posts. Same thing happens on TBN. I have to click the refresh button to see the latest & greatest.

Is it me or is that the way the site works? I know it just takes one click, but I am lazy.
    Hazmat

Re: Have to refresh

This is the url I have saved in my favorites for CBN : Past 12 Hours

I always get the lastest list of posts.

Sounds to me like you have your Internet Settings setup so your browser is reading from cache rather than checking for updates when you visit a webpage.
    :: D A V E
    :: g a t o r b o y

In IE, go to tools/internet options/
    Then under the "temporary Internet Files" section, click "Settings" This will open a new window. Under "Check for newer version of stored pages", make sure the button for "Check on every visit to the page" is checked. This will force your browser to refresh it's view every time it looks at a particular page.

-Frank

Thanks Guys,

Frank, my setting was "automatic" which I guess means whenever Bill Gates feels like it. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    Hazmat