Thread: Question

Question

When clicking on a subject post, like when in "Post in past 12 hours", I am taken to the 'bottom' of the threaded posts. In TBN, I was always taken to the top where the post was shown that I clicked on. Is this a fix I can make?

I have tried to find what I might be able to edit in "My Home", but do not find anything that will change it.

Not a big problem, but a bit annoying.

Great Forum, and I don't mean to complain.

Re: Question

I noticed the same thing, but I've been wishing I could set TBN to be the same way as CBN. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

On TBN, I often click on "Flat" to see the whole thread after looking at the latest post. On CBN, I don't have to - it's already there. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Eagle Ridge

Are you sure you are taken to the bottom everytime? It seems for me, it takes me to the place within that thread that the post I clicked on is located. Have you tried going further down on the list (last 12 hours), and selecting a Subject to see if that takes you to the bottom as well? The list of recent posts will always have at the top the posts that are towards the bottom of any given thread, for they are the most recent.

I could be mistaken, but I think that is what is supposed to happen.
    :: D A V E
    :: g a t o r b o y

I have my setup mode edited to take me to a threaded version of the message thread (hard to communicate
    all the right 'names' of things here), and not the flat mode. And I always get taken to the bottom, no matter
    which post I have clicked on in the all-messages list.

I am also having trouble when posting a message (here) that it doesn't return unless I hit enter at the end of
    the line. I guess that is called 'wrap' or something similar. If I keep typing (no return), there is no return.
    Frustrating. However, when I originally posted to "Feedback", that did not happen. Only when I reply to
    a message. It isn't a big problem, but it makes editing a message more cumbersome.

I hope this makes some sense. I think I will switch to flat mode, and see where that takes me.

Edit - I switched my profile to flat mode, and it still takes me to the threaded mode. Not sure what the
    flat/threaded mode selection is for, at this point in time.

The only time you should hit the Return key is when you want to start a new paragraph (two Returns), or for some special reason:

- a
    - list

If you hit Return when it looks good to you, it will not look correct on everyone else's computer. For example, if I think I should hit return right here,
    because I was at the end of the line on my display, it will not appear that way when it is displayed on your machine.

I hope this helps.

<font color="blue">The only time you should hit the Return key is when you want to start a new paragraph (two Returns), </font color>

I agree that what you said should be true. But that is not what is happening. If I don't hit 'return', the line I am typing on does not wrap and continues on endlessly. It only wraps when it is posted. On this paragraph, as I type, I am still on the same line, as I have not hit 'return'. To me, that is a problem that I do not encounter in TBN. Apparently it is not a problem to others, or at least I have not seen a post about it. I'm still typing on the same line and there is no wrap yet. It makes it hard to tell what I have said so far. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

BeenThere,

In your display settings, what number do you have set in the TextArea Columns and TextArea Rows? I have 72 and 7. Could it be that your text window to write in is wider than your browser window?

Also, what type of computer are you using? Mac or Windows machine? Any chance you are using WebTV? I am just trying to figure out why you would have this problem.

I have also noticed that CBN takes you to the post that you clicked on within the thread. I really like this feature so I compared my settings to TBN. Exactly the same. CBN also pulls up in flat mode while TBN pulls up in threaded mode under the same settings. Is the system setup differently or can I do something within TBN to get it to behave the same? [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Rob

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    In your display settings, what number do you have set in the TextArea Columns and TextArea Rows? I have 72 and 7. Could it be that your text window to write in is wider than your browser window?

Also, what type of computer are you using? Mac or Windows machine? Any chance you are using WebTV? I am just trying to figure out why you would have this problem.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Gatorboy
    Columns was at 60, changed to 40, and then back to 60 (made no difference and 60 is the same as TBN settings) and Rows are set at 10. I have Windows, and not using WebTV. Also, all works well in TBN and the settings are the same.

Thanks for your interest. Hope I hear from one of the Moderators, and there is some interest in fixing or identifying the problem.
    Beenthere