Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Yard lights

Re: Yard lights

Mosey;
    I just looked at this site and first reviewed homesteading. When I saw the post on yard lights I had to register immediately to be able to reply. How I wish you were my neighbor ,a brother in the love of the dark and I suspect peace and quiet. I have moved to be rid of the hideous lights that some people impose on their neigbors. To all of the posters with the all too common excuses for the lights.
    1. If you have no control mechanism for a remote light you can get an X10 plug in control for very little$.
    2. If you feel you must have the lights be considerate and shield them so there light swath stays on YOUR property.
    3. I'll bet those of you getting ready to ridicule the last statement have shades on your living room lamps so the bulb doesn't shine in YOUR eyes.
    4.If you are afraid of all that moves go ahead to the retirement village, there will be plenty of lights and secured areas.
    5.Those of you living in pristine areas of darkness may lament the loss of that which you seem to not care about, when a gas station or industrial facility builds in your area and spoils YOUR world with some deluxe sodium vapor lamps with no shielding so you may have the benefit of the glare. 6. Ever notice those persons with the lights are generally the same ones with the dogs that bark from dusk till dawn?They also guard their right to allow this to take place.
    7.I would never knowingly inconvenience my neighbors with lights, noise or anything that intruded on their world ,but then I am a GOOD neighbor.
    8. I have found, unfortunately that the rational approach with the neighbor does not usually work, and when you retalliate in kind with light, the same neighbor can't take what they love to give, ending in a stalemate of civil problems.
    9.The next time you are driving and see an oncoming police, give him the brights-don't let up. When he pulls you over use all the same justifications you are now thinking and then get back with me.

Robert,

What an outstanding initial post! I couldn't agree more with what you wrote and wish you were my neighbor. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Welcome to CBN! I hope you'll continue to read and post here. It's good to see another Hoosier joining in. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

"The next time you are driving and see an oncoming police, give him the brights-don't let up. When he pulls you over use all the same justifications you are now thinking and then get back with me." What a crock!!! Hopefully, you will pay their fine. With all of your thinking of "you", you forgot the "police" is an innocent victim of your rage. Why blind him? What did he do to you? I won't go any farther, for politics are not supposed to be posted in this forum.
    Gary
    Bluegrass Music ...
    Finger-pickin' good!

Good post and I agree fully. Well maybe not with the police part, but the point is that you are, or should be, responsible for where your light goes.
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

This thread may never die! Unfortunately, it's caused some hard feelings, but that's the nature of people I guess, there's no way everyone is always going to agree and some people are just more sensitive than others. In the mean time I keep it as dark as I can at my place!

PS: And, I keep planting trees, trees, trees! Fortunately for me right now, none of my adjacent neighbors have bright yard lights, but that could change someday, so I keep planting trees.

I'll make you people that have light problems with the neighbors a deal. I'll take the one's with the bright glaring lights and y'all take my neighbors that have the booming subwoofers that rattle the pictures off of my walls. The ones that insist on bumpin' their systems at 3 a.m. It sounds like a fair trade to me! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hehe, that rhythmic boom is part of the recipe for cooking good meth brother Gott. They'll flick a Bic one night to lightup a big J and there'll be one last big BOOM.

They don't cook much around here.We've got mariachi music with sub woofers. The people that hire a real mariachi band for a party get drowned out by the gangster next door's car stereo. That's when you hear pop pop pop! [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]