Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Urban living-DC area sniper shootings

Urban living-DC area sniper shootings

Man, I absolutely cannot wait to get out of metro DC (soon, soon, early Nov we will make the trek to our retirement home in AZ).

You all have probably heard by now about the sniper shootings in Montgomery County MD this past week.

I consider myself fortunate. Victim #2 was killed less than one block from my place of work. In fact, I was walking up the street about that time to get my breakfast bagel. I did not hear the shot, so it must not have been at the exact moment I was out there, but it could not have been more than 15 minutes removed one way or the other. It could easily have been me...very scary.

I understand there is a suspect; hope this guy is removed from society soon.

Re: Urban living-DC area sniper shootings

dont forget that they linked this guy up to a shooting in dc now too. but the one is va they say is a copy cat! [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

<font color="blue"> the one is va they say is a copy cat!</font color>

Something like this brings out all the wackos. Yesterday, Montgomery County police responded to a call....some guy had called 911 from a gas station pay phone, said he was a psycho killer and was getting ready to "take out" the police station. I heard all that on the scanner.

One of my sons and his family just moved to Virginia upon his discharge from the Marines. Last I heard, they believe that is where the shooter fled to, needless to say I am extremely concerned. I listened to the talking heads this morning and more of them are screaming for gun legislation. When will they learn that it is the wacko's and criminal element that shoot people, registration/confiscation will not stop them. I would LOVE to hear them screaming for the public hanging of people that commit violent crimes [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] now that would actually deter the criminal element. I wonder when/if the powers that be will make criminal acts criminal again and take the trash off the streets for good. I am sorry if I sound upset, but I am very concerned for my son's family and in my mind, this type of thing could have been prevented with more stringently enforced laws that are already in place and appropriate punishment.
    Bayrat

Gun control ONLY takes the guns away from the law-abiding citizen. Which is why crime INCREASES with an INCREASE in gun laws.
    :: D A V E
    :: g a t o r b o y

It warms my heart to know that second amendment issues are a personal interest of our current Atty Gen.

From a safety and neighborly aspect, I'd like to see suppressors (aka silencers) available without restriction. I can just hear the hue and cry now. Especially when something like the subject of this thread occurs. We could start with rimfire suppressors, and wait ten years to see if we are suddenly plunged into rampant (but quieter) street battles because of the legalizetion of a safety device.

[img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Whoops. I hope my post doesn't start a big 2nd amendment hoo-haw. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

It is scary to me that this person is still on the streets. Whether they got the gun legally or illegally, should have been permitted to buy it or not, none of that will help get this person off the street right now.

Saw an interview with one of FBI's original criminal profilers. He is retired now and admits up front he is not privy to all of the information the investigating officers have.

His thoughts are

1. this person will not stop until caught; he calls this the "hand of God" syndrome or something like that, where they get a "taste" of being God by deciding who dies.

2. the foray into Virginia was a ruse to lead investigators off track, to make them think s/he was heading south, and that Montgomery County is the place we really need to be looking.

Just what I needed to start off my work week [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

The geographic pattern of the homicides in Montgomery County certainly suggests to me (as a 30 year resident) someone who is familiar with the area, and even might point to where they live. If you connect the dots, you've got a largish circle, with Rockville more-or-less in the middle.

hank i totally agree with you that this guy is probably from around md/va. after looking at the maps it really looks like this guy could be a delivery man. all of the effected areas would usually be on one persons route!

just a thought

Just a Question---What was the Flag of Culpepper County, VA??? in 1775? [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] Does it still fly??

I believe that would be the Minute Men flag, "Liberty or Death, Don't Tread on Me" with a coiled snake. Don't know for certain, but I would guess it flies somewhere (historical building, museum, or something like that).