Thread: Tuxedo Corn?

Tuxedo Corn?

Here in GA, EVERYONE grows Silver Queen. So have we. One of our local garden gurus, Walter Reeves, of county extension, radio & tv fame, recently wrote a couple of excellent books specific to Georgia gardening. Amongst other pearls of wisdom, he has listed suggested cultivars. In the corn, he writes: Tuxedo - sweet... then off to the side is written (try this one). Maybe Walter has the patent on it, or maybe its good stuff. Research proves the latter to be true. After much knashing of teeth, I located a seed seller that actually not only had heard of it, but had some. I bought it. Thought I was going to have a 2nd season crop. Planted it, got a rain for germination & starting, then went dry for several weeks, I rolled it under before it got to looking too bad. I am discounting this experience altogether. Has anyone else planted Tuxedo? How is it, both for growing and eating?
    Dob
    FKA Dobber30052

Re: Tuxedo Corn?

I've grown it in NY and like it a lot. It had good flavor and did real well for me.

Have you done Silver Queen before? How does it compare?
    Dob
    FKA Dobber30052

No, I've never grown Silver Queen. When I lived in Kentucky a lot of people grew it. I thought it tasted OK, but I haven't gotten around to trying it in NY.