Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever give there dog beer?

Anyone ever give there dog beer?

They love it.................

Re: Anyone ever give there dog beer?

Yeah, but look at the result!! [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Wilson, our older lab, was given to me as a christmas present my junior year in college. He lived in the frat house junior & senior year. You can bet he likes beer.

I tried my best to limit his consumption, it can't be any better for him than it is for us. My fraternity brothers had other plans, but I don't think he actually had more than 12oz at one sitting.

His favorite drink is the juice that sometimes drips from the back of garbage trucks. He was loose on trash day & when the truck came, he ran up and started chugging. It really grossed out the trashman [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    Hazmat

<font color="blue">the juice that sometimes drips from the back of garbage trucks </font color>

Yukkkk!

Sometimes I wonder about dogs. Like how they love to rub their necks in, and roll in, some old dead animal bones or fur they find during your walks.

Last season I visited the old hunters up at the deer camp above us. They were having clam chowdah and of course offered me and my 108# golden, Tetley, some as well. Tetley's was too hot, so they poured some cold beer in the bowl to cool it down a bit.

No beer is safe from Tetters now! [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] If he finds an unattended bottle on the ground he'll pick it up in his teeth and tilt his head back to chug the contents. When done, he stretches out that long neck and gives a HUGE belch! Great trick when we have guests over! [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Pete

I have a golden (Charlie) who is a party animal. Can't open a beer without him sidling up to me and staring at the bottle. He knows he's going to get the last few ounces. It's really comical.
    Argee [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Scott,

Not as a regular habit, but when our black lab was young he would have the occasional spilt beer, but one afternoon he staggered in smelling like a barroom.

Well not only was he drunk, but painted as well. Seems they were painting the house and left the beer on the ground, he got into it, then they poured him some more then gave him a latex stripe before coming home..

Needless to say after that he didn't touch it for a long time.

Carl

A friend of mine poured his Beagle some beer for the 1st time,the dog started lapping it up....stopped, backed off and barked at the bowl,then continued to finish his brew.

We had a collie/sheperd a few years back that loved to finnish off my crown royal when I was lax and she got to it. She also used to open the refrig. door and help her self from time to time.
    J.D.

This entire thread makes me sick
    Livin' the simple life, 'ceptin' my high speed internet! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]