Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Barn is Here

Re: My Barn is Here

Good looking barn appearance! I really like the "barn" motif for a metal utility building. The hay mow is a nice touch. \

As I am blending my latest metal bld with the new house Colors, roof style-pitch, and siding, a barn shape or color (wife vetoed RED) is not in the cards. (light sand with dark green roof, shutters and trim until otherwise notified)

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

<font color="blue"> </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    light sand with dark green roof, shutters and trim until otherwise notified

[/ QUOTE ] </font color>

There's a place I pass on my way out of town that's done in those colors. The house, barn, equipment shed and shop/garage are all the same and it looks really sharp. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I sure hope our grand experiment turns out sharp. I am going to join the metal roofed/trussed 3 car garage/shop/tractor and implement parking multi-purpose wing directly to the house. Hopefully using the same siding, roofing, and roof pitch will "make it work."

House will have 9 ft ceilings on ground floor and the multi-purpose "wing" will have 12 ft wall height. House will have 24 overhang except where there is wrap around covered porches while the multi-purpose wing will have 18 inch overhang. As best I can visualize, by turning the multi-purpose wing 45 degrees and joining it to the house at a corner, having a different overhang that is 3 ft higher than the house will not look too bad. There will be no way to sight down the eaves and see the difference due to 45 degree turn.

We'll see.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"