Thread: Big Dream

Big Dream

Big Project, Big Dream.

I like this forum, people with similar interests and problems, it seems that many are moving to country just like us. We are new to this and I have a feeling that I can learn a lot here. Here is our story:

We are originally from Europe, raised our kids in Southern California and getting tired of the SoCal life really fast. Bought beautiful 85 ac land (35 ac meadows, 50 ac timber) in No. Idaho near Priest River and put a travel trailer on it. Sold our house in CA and moved to apartment still in CA. Need to work 1 ½ more years to be able to afford it. Easement through State Forest to get to our property took 2 years. This year we got new shop, water well and power, working on telephone now. Next is some more logging, to prepare the house site, wiring/plumbing/finishing the shop, start building the house, build barn, build equipment shed, garage, greenhouse, purchase sawmill, am I forgetting anything? I am planning to do most of it myself, except the house.

Big plans, Big dreams!

Re: Big Dream

Sounds like lots of work (fun) for you. Sounds like you are really enjoying it. The last year and half will go real fast. Enjoy! [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

WOW! sounds like a real nice life, and a nice slice of earth. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I hope all your plans go well.
    Paul Bradway

I have always found that the best property belongs to those that follow their dreams. It may take time but with that view you have a great start.
    Tim